Frequently Asked Questions
- New Covid-19 Policy and Processes for Fairdinks (28 March 2020 and updated Oct 2020)
All deliveries will be contactless
- As possible our drivers will contact you with approaching deliveries via text. All orders will be delivered to the front door only and left outside with no customer contact. Our drivers will do their best to assist senior or disabled customers.
- For proof of delivery, drivers will take a photo.
- Please leave freezer bags on porch if your order contains perishables.
- We will prioritize our most vulnerable customers
- Until further notice we no longer guarantee same day delivery if order placed by 9am.
- Customers to pay on-line when placing the order, either via payPal, credit card rather than Cash on Delivery.
- Please respect our staff during this unprecedented time as we try our best to meet demand for our service.
- We conduct cleaning on sanitisation of our refrigerated vehicles multiple times daily.
- Drivers will be wearing masks and gloves whilst conducting deliveries.
- Where is the Search Engine?
Top Left Corner of Homepage
- How quick is delivery?
As per our new policy under current circumstances we will be delivering as fast and as practically as we can. Our standard service is Monday to Friday. We do not deliver on weekends.
- How much does delivery cost?
Metro Melbourne is a flat $13.48 delivery fee. Fairdinks regards metro melbourne as an approx 15km radius out of the CBD. Make the most of our flat delivery fees and order up!
We welcome orders outside Metro Melbourne. Vic Country $19.48 to $25 flat. There is a fixed shipping rate applied to all orders based on postcode. Sydney Metro when not serviced by our Sydney Franchise for example is $20. However if items are very heavy or bulky shipping will be more. We will contact you but try to select small and light items. Toilet paper (bulky) and slabs of drinks (heavy) are usually not cost effective. Please email email@example.com for delivery quotes. Please provide the product/s you're after. Important: We CANNOT yet send perishables outside Melbourne if not in one of our franchise areas (Sydney and Brisbane).
For Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast use our QLD website http://qld.fairdinks.com.au/
For Eastern Suburbs, Sydney CBD and much of West and South Sydney go to https://syd.fairdinks.com.au/
- What is the relationship between fairdinks.com.au and Costco Wholesale?
Fairdinks is not affiliated with Costco Wholesale Corporation. Fairdinks acquires it products from Costco and conveniently delivers. We work closely together but have no formal relationship in regards to the fairdinks website..
- How does fairdinks.com.au range and prices compare?
Fairdinks.com.au has chosen the most featured and popular products from each category.
Fairdinks applies small margins, typically 5% to 20% on products. This covers price fluctuations and logistics. Often prices are cheaper at Fairdinks than in store due to time lags.
Something you cannot find that is at Costco? Please ask and we can have it online within a day.
- How do I reorder items which I have previously ordered from Fairdinks?
- How do Fairdinks prices compare to Coles Online?
We've compared a basket of groceries from Fairdinks against Coles Online. There were 21 items.
Coles cost $586 while Fairdinks was $354. That's $231 less or 40%.
See the summary HERE, or the full basket of goods HERE.
* Comparsion done in May 2012
* Prices based on same volume of goods bought
- Going to Costco yourself but need help with delivery?
Call us 0408 141 005 for Melbourne area. We are at Costco everyday. Look for our fairdinks.com.au truck and refrigerated vans. Delivery charges are different than online prices and look after Costco members. Delivery generally ranges from $50 to $110 depending on what you want delivered and where. Any location nearer to Costco is at the lower price end.
- Why join Fairdinks.com.au?
Our supplier Costco is a winner and finally provides quality and value shopping options for Australians- especially small businesses. If you have not yet visited this amazing operation we recommend you do and see for yourself this new phenomenon.
However visits can be fraught with nightmare car parking, long queues and will take you or your employees out of action for hours.
Join fairdinks.com.au for free, buy simply and securely online, get deliveries fast, and stay focused on your business or family. If you compare our prices they are very close to what you will find in store. We are certain you will save money by having www.fairdinks.com.au deliver for you
- What does the name Fairdinks represent?
'Fairdinkum' is a uniquely Australian expression meaning true and genuine. As in 'We offer Docklands products online and will deliver within 24 hours - Fairdinkum'.
'Dinks' is another uniquely Australian word meaning 'to give someone a lift on the back of a bicycle to get somewhere faster'.
Thus 'Fairdinks' expresses genuine, helpful, movement, fast delivery.